Skip to main content

We Have Puppies!



Well, it appears that I got the wrong breeding date for Inez, and was a little behind schedule.  This morning at 4:30 I heard tell-tale whimpering and whining under the house, and knew I had an early-morning job on my hands.  I found Inez, comfortably ensconced behind the AC unit, with her 7 new puppies.  She is now contentedly nursing them in a big box on the deck, which is a much more acceptable place.  Once again, the sire is Maverick, our neighbor's beautiful and sweet Chocolate Lab.  There are 7 puppies total:  1 black male, 2 white females, 2 black females, and 2 white males.    The puppies will be available to good homes for $210 each, with first shots, health certificate and pedigree/ bill of sale.  They will also be de-wormed.  To fill out an application form, please visit this link:  Puppy Form 2.pdf
  For more pictures (from the last litter) visit this link:  Puppies For Sale!  Thank you!



Parents


This is Maverick, the puppies' sire.

And this is Inez, the dam.



Puppies


Below are some pictures of the puppies.  Availability is marked beside their names.  We also have a 5 month old black female from the last litter for sale for $250.  She is great with farm animals except poultry, as she eats chickens.  This is the reason that her family can no longer keep her.  She is very sweet and trainable, just has acquired a taste for fresh chicken.  Very good with children.

Here are some pictures of the individual puppies.  We have given them temporary names to make things a little easier, but of course the new owners can change the names, and in fact we ask what the puppy's name will be as soon as it is sold so that we can begin calling him/ her that so they will know that it is their name.  (A word about the temporary names we give the puppies:  We enjoy picking them out, and usually choose them from some of the many books we've read.  We prefer to use interesting names, so that's why some of the names we've come up with are- well- interesting.)



Males

Somehow all the males (except Jaxon) got Jules Verne names.  This isn't because we are just crazy about Verne, but he has some really good (and unusal) names in his books, so we like picking out of them.

 

 

Jaxon (sold).

This is Jaxon, the biggest male.  He is sold, and will go to his new family when he is eight weeks old.


"Fragoso" (Available)

The black male.  As you can see, he has a large "vest" of white.
Fragoso is the runt of the litter.  I am bottle feeding him in addition to what he gets from Inez, so he should do well.
He is going to a family from our church, where he will be a family pet and also help to protect the goats they are hoping to get soon.

We call him Fragoso (from 800 Leagues On the Amazon).

 

"Phileas Fogg" (now Bosco) (Sold)

This is the slightly smaller white male.  We call him Phileas Fogg (from Around the World in 80 Days).


Females

Here are the individual pictures of the three females.




The two white females.  (Flora on top, Berengaria underneath.)  Both are sold.

 

"Rosetta"  (Unavailable)

The larger black female (Rosetta).


 

 

Bernadette (now Selah) (Sold)

Bernadette (originally Passepartout- somehow I got mixed up when sexing the pups and thought she was a male.  Still trying to figure out how that happened...)

 

 

 

Star  (Sold)








"Berengaria" (now Angelica) (Sold)





Comments

  1. Hi! I saw your ad on craigslist and tried to send you an email about the puppies but it got sent back to me. Is there another way to contact you? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,
      I have contact info here on my blog, or you can email me at chickenscrapsblog@gmail.com
      Thank you!
      Alayna

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi there! I love it when you leave comments on my posts, but they will be moderated since this is a public blog and I do not know who will be reading it. I request that only decent, ordinary English be used in comments, as I do not really understand other languages, and do not wish to read slang or strong language.

"Let no unclean communication proceed out of your mouth" Eph. 4:29

Feel free to ask questions, and I will answer them to the best of my ability, and post the questions and answers on here to be a help to others.

Thank you! I am looking forward to hearing from my readers!

Popular posts from this blog

Natural cure (and prevention) for foot rot in goats and other animals

Several years ago, I began learning about the benefits of copper as a supplement.  I learned that it is actually a necessary mineral for goats, cows and sheep, and is best absorbed in sulphate form.      What prompted the research was a case of foot rot in one of my goats.  I was unaware that it was foot rot until someone diagnosed it for me over the phone.  I had noticed that his foot had been swollen for a couple days, but didn't pay much attention to it, thinking that a bug might have bitten or stung him.  After about three days from the time that I initially noticed the swelling he was limping badly.  I mentioned this to a man who was interested in buying him, and he said that it might be foot rot.  He said to check and see if it smelled bad, and that if so, it was probably foot rot.      I checked, and sure enough there was a strong putrid smell to it.  So I started researching  a natural, and speedy, cure for foot rot online.  There was very little information to be found

Another Day with the Goats: Pt. 5- Contracted Tendons in Newborn Kids

Have you ever seen a kid with legs so bent that it is walking on it's knuckles?  This is usually a condition known as contracted tendons.  Bent legs in newborns are not uncommon, and are not such a very bad thing.  Usually, this condition caused either by improper nutrition (deficiency in vitamins A & D, or selenium) or by crowding in utero , sometimes by both.  This buckling is one of Nelly's triplets .  He and one of his sisters had badly bent legs, the other one also had slightly bent legs.  Good news:  the legs straightened out in just a few days (3 if I remember correctly).  In the video below, I show the kids legs and the treatment.  I hope this helps someone!

Marvelous Seeds- Natural Dewormer for Dogs and Others

Naturally de-worming animals can be challenging, and some people will say that you are just better off going with the chemicals.  There are several problems with chemical wormers however.  You see, a chemical wormer is actually a poison, which is fed to the animal in large enough doses to kill, or expel the worms, but in small enough amounts that it hopefully will not injure the animal.  Trouble is, worms have an ability to build up resistance to the chemical poisons used in these wormers.  For example:  A few years ago, when I first started with dairy goats, I had major trouble with worms.  In fact, I lost quite a few goats to them.  I tried using the chemical wormers- SafeGuard (at 4 times the dosage for horses, for 3 days straight), and Ivermectin.  The goats' hair remained curly (a sign of a heavy worm load), and their gums and eyelids were pale.  Finally, most of them died- including three beautiful purebred, registrable Nubians.  I was heartbroken.      Several years later,