Skip to main content

Available Now: Easy Birth Tea Herbal Supplement


Announcing a new addition to Chicken Scraps Shop:  Easy Birth Tea

Easy Birth Tea is a special blend of herbs to help with pregnancy, birth and recovery.  It is safe for use in humans, horses, goats, sheep and cattle.  (SOLD AS ANIMAL SUPPLEMENT ONLY.)

This tea contains:
 Red Raspberry Leaf, a well known herb for healthier pregnancies and easier births.   It contains various vitamins and minerals (A, E, C, B complex, manganese, magnesium, calcium, iron, phosphorus, and potassium).  It strengthens the uterus, and helps promote quicker recovery after birth.
My mother took red raspberry regularly for several months before the birth of my youngest sister, and she said that the labor was one of the easiest yet, despite not being able to have a water birth, and the baby being born breech.  She is convinced the red raspberry was very helpful.  (And when a lady who has had 11 children says an herb or supplement helps, her word carries weight!)

Chamomile, which is high in B vitamins, good for general health, and helps prevent/ cure edema.

Nettle, which is a great uterus toner, very high in chlorophyll and contains lots of iron and calcium.

Echinacea Purpurea, good for general health and a powerful immune booster.


Peppermint adds a nice flavor, and is soothing to the stomach.

Fennel helps prevent nausea, and increases milk production after birth.


I fed these herbs (as a tea) to our cow Buttercup for several weeks before the birth of her first calf.  She calved very easily, with no complications, and had almost no edema.  Her mother, who has not had this tea coming up to calving, has usually been almost unmilkable because of the edema, and has gotten mastitis as a consequence.  I noticed a huge difference with Buttercup, and I think it is because of the tea.

I am feeding Fannie this tea every morning.  The dosage is 2 heaped tablespoons of the herbs, in 1 1/2 cups of boiling water.  Sometimes I put molasses in it, and she loves it.  She is a bit picky, so it must taste pretty good to her!

The herbs can also be simply added to the food.  Fannie and my goats eat them readily in this form as well.

Tea sold in 4 oz. units.  (Approximately 3 week supply for 1 horse or cow, 5 week supply for 1 goat.)

Easy birth and recovery are not guaranteed.  No herbal supplement can take the place of good management, and even in the best managed herds there will occasionally be a problem birth.


Fannie's tea steeping (above).  Fannie's tea mixed with her feed (below).  The feed is Chaffhaye and Ocala Breeder's Supply Gestolac.


This tea is available for shipment now.  To order, please send me an email ( chickenscrapsblog@gmail.com ) or visit this listing on my Etsy shop or this listing on eBay.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marvelous Seeds- Natural Dewormer for Dogs and Others

Naturally de-worming animals can be challenging, and some people will say that you are just better off going with the chemicals.  There are several problems with chemical wormers however.  You see, a chemical wormer is actually a poison, which is fed to the animal in large enough doses to kill, or expel the worms, but in small enough amounts that it hopefully will not injure the animal.  Trouble is, worms have an ability to build up resistance to the chemical poisons used in these wormers.  For example:  A few years ago, when I first started with dairy goats, I had major trouble with worms.  In fact, I lost quite a few goats to them.  I tried using the chemical wormers- SafeGuard (at 4 times the dosage for horses, for 3 days straight), and Ivermectin.  The goats' hair remained curly (a sign of a heavy worm load), and their gums and eyelids were pale.  Finally, most of them died- including three beautiful purebred, registrable Nubians.  I was heartbroken.      Several years later,

Natural cure (and prevention) for foot rot in goats and other animals

Several years ago, I began learning about the benefits of copper as a supplement.  I learned that it is actually a necessary mineral for goats, cows and sheep, and is best absorbed in sulphate form.      What prompted the research was a case of foot rot in one of my goats.  I was unaware that it was foot rot until someone diagnosed it for me over the phone.  I had noticed that his foot had been swollen for a couple days, but didn't pay much attention to it, thinking that a bug might have bitten or stung him.  After about three days from the time that I initially noticed the swelling he was limping badly.  I mentioned this to a man who was interested in buying him, and he said that it might be foot rot.  He said to check and see if it smelled bad, and that if so, it was probably foot rot.      I checked, and sure enough there was a strong putrid smell to it.  So I started researching  a natural, and speedy, cure for foot rot online.  There was very little information to be found

Doberman/ Heeler Puppies

More pictures/ info on my Border Collie website. sandspurranchbcs.weebly.com Handling/ training video below. Gorgeous Doberman mix puppies needing good homes!  Only 1 male left.  Mother is registered Doberman, sire appears to be a Red Heeler.  Though they are not of my breeding, these pups are being raised just the same way I raise my registered Border Collies, with lots of handling (especially by children), on a grain free diet, and in a natural, structured setting outdoors with lots of other animals. Please email, call or text me if you are interested in one of these pups. 352-745-3576 chickenscrapsblog@gmail.com Males:  $325 Anhalt: *Sold to Cynthia* Watchful, quiet. Brunswick: *Sold to TJ* Hanover: Available Bouncy, determined, fearless. Luxembourg: *Sold to Donna* Super friendly, loving, submissive Prussia: *Sold to Michelle* Friendly, loves attention. Saxson: *Sold to Steve* Females:  $350 Austria: *Sol